Monday, June 30, 2014

Aloha Everyone


    We have had a really good week. Things are looking really good here in our ward. When I first got here our work was going super slow. But we have just found some new families to teach and they are great. We are very excited to see them progress. Our investigators are great. Kawika is getting married on July 12th and then his baptism is July 26th. He is so ready for the gospel in his life. He is our main investigator right now but we have lots of new investigators that we have just started to teach.

     President and Sister Warner came to Maui this past week and spent a couple days with our zone. It was awesome to be with them and to meet with them. We had our interviews with them and got to talk to them about how our areas were doing. It is always nice to see them.

     Well Makawao is by far my favorite place I have served so far! I love the country feel that it gives. On average we drive around 40 to 50 miles each day. That is crazy but our area is so big and spread out that there is no other way. We see farms, horses and cows each day and it makes me feel like I'm back in Beaver  (100X greener here but the country feel is awesome). The roads in our area are all super narrow and enclosed by green on both sides so that makes driving very interesting.

    Maui is great and I am loving my mission. I am very thankful for my chance to serve the people here and to serve our Heavenly Father. Thank you for all you have done for me. I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Gale