Aloha everyone!
This
has been a very crazy week! Tuesday was transfers and I had to drive in, drop
of missionaries that were getting transferred and pick up the new Elders coming
into our zone. Then later at night I drove in to get my new companion Elder
Young Yen..... He just flew in from the MTC and we had a training with
President Warner..... After the Training we drove back to our area and he was
able to unpack his things and since it was new years eve we had a party with
our zone. We were able to stay up until 1 am to watch fireworks. What a crazy
first night in the mission field for Elder Young Yen!! Wednesday we had the
whole day off so we got to just hang out with our zone and have fun!
Thursday
was a great day! We went over to talk to Kekoa and earlier in the week we asked him to read the Book of Mormon and to pray if he should be baptized! When
we got there Thursday I asked him if he was able to do it and he said that he
did! I asked how he felt and he looked at me and said, "I feel like I
want to get baptized!!!" I couldn't believe what he said and I had to ask
him to say it again. We said that is awesome and asked when he wanted to get
baptized and he said this Saturday! So we started making phone calls and got
everything set up and this past Saturday Kekoa was baptized!!!!! I was so excited
that he was finally able to decide that he wanted to be baptized. I know that
the spirit was able to touch his heart and tell him what he needed to do. This
Sunday he was given the Gift of the Holy Ghost and confirmed a member. Later on
at church he was ordained to a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. This was an
amazing experience for me to watch him take these steps in his life!
We are
having lots of success in this area and have so many people to teach and we have some
other investigators who are so close to baptism. I am loving this area and our
ward here in Nanakuli and the people are so amazing and humble. I am very
grateful for this chance to be here serving the people of Hawaii! I hope all of
you are having a great week so far and a great new year and I love all of you and
hope to hear from you soon!


