Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aloha Everyone!

     Sorry it is so late but today has been a crazy day!! We had 2 service projects today and it left us with little time to email! We laid concrete for a family in our ward and it was way fun! They are a new family that just moved in and needed help at their new house. The other project was for sister Lew... We moved some palets for her and then she gave us smoothies and coconuts to crack open.

     This week has been super crazy!  I found out on Friday that I will be training a brand new missionary and his name is Elder Yen and I will be picking him up on Tuesday. The crazy thing is that I will have to drive from Makakilo all the way to Honolulu by myself! I am excited and nervous to train but it will be a great experience!  My current companion Elder Rigby is getting in zone, in ward transferred!! So he will be staying here which is super cool!

     As far as our investigators they are all doing great! We met with Nicole Barcarse and she is doing awesome, she is wanting to get baptized when her husband can baptize her.... We are working on word of wisdom with him and it is going good... he should be ready with in a couple of weeks.  Kekoa is still good he has prayed and read his book of mormon and is still searching for his answer for baptism! He is so so close! As soon as he feels ready he can get baptized. We have hit a really slow spot with Destiny and Caleb, their mom still doesn't want them to get baptized...... But we are still trying to work with her and solve her worries. Niphae Tuia is another investigator that is super close.... his parents are both members and want him baptized. The only problem they have is they cant make it to church and they need to come before he can be baptized. Those are our main investigators that we are working with and we have a couple more that we are working with as well.....

On Tuesday they had all of us who are training come to the presidents home in Honolulu. The trainers got there early and then we went into the back room and waited, then they read a paper of where they will be serving and who will be their trainer and then we walked out one by one... It was a way awesome experience!  Elder Yen is from Samoa and has been in the MTC for 6 weeks.  He speaks pretty good English for as long as he has been there.  

 I hope all of you are having a great new years and I hope to hear from you all very soon! Thank you so much for everything! I love all of you have a great week!!


Elder Gale

Helping members lay concrete

We love doing service



I will miss Elder Rigby

Hawaii is always beautiful



Elder Yen & Elder Gale