Aloha everyone
Wow we had a great week! Our
investigators are so awesome! We now have a baptism coming up! Bro.
Natividad is getting baptized! We are very excited for him and for his choice
to progress in this gospel. We don't have a specific date picked out cause he
works a lot and his schedule is crazy. But he wants to finish his lessons all
at once and then the next available date he is getting baptized.
Our other investigators are
good still working on getting them to church, which seems to be really hard for
people! But they are going good and we are loving teaching them.
So yesterday for fast Sunday
we had a ward fast for missionary work.... it went really well and with that we
went around to each auxiliary and gave them a challenge... we handed them all a
referral card and challenged them to put a name on it right then. When we
received them all back we counted 53 referrals that our ward has given us. The
point of the referral card wasn't for us to gain lots and lots of new people to
teach....the point was to get the members thinking of their friends and how
they can share the gospel with them. Now we have their friends names and we can
follow up on what they are doing to share the gospel with those friends. I want
to challenge all of you right now to think of a name of anyone who can use the
gospel in their life and start sharing it with them. Don't be the friend that
doesn't share with them. I know if you will all do this it will help the
missionary work in your area and help the missionaries. I'm sure the
missionaries would love you.
Today was the best p-day
ever! A member in our ward invited us to go hunting with them! We couldn't
be the ones to pull the trigger but we can help them pack it.... We had so much
fun... We left at 4 am and started hiking in around 6. The member had invited a
non member couple to join us and they came. The son of our member shot a really
nice goat! He made a 400 yd shot, through both lungs and dropped it! (And he
is only 13) We helped clean it and then pack it out! We were hunting on a
REALLY steep mountain and when he shot the goat we were about to the bottom! We
packed it back to the top cause it was the only way to get it out.... While we
were packing it out I was walking a long side the wife of the couple that came
with us and she was asking me questions about the church.... with all of her
questions I am pretty sure that I taught her all the lessons. (haha) And while I
was teaching her Greene was talking to the husband!! They are awesome people
and are already living and sharing the gospel!
Well I hope you all have a
great week! I love you all and wish the best for you! Thank you so much for all
you do for me!
Elder Gale